- Sit in a straight chair with your knees bent at 90 degrees to the floor.
- Wear the breeches and socks that you would most likely wear with your tall boots.
- Have someone else measure your calves, if possible:
A. Measure foot for shoe size.
B. To determine calf width: Measure the calf width at the widest part of the calf.
C. To determine calf height: Measure leg height from the floor to the bend behind the knee.
- Add approximately ½”–¾” to allow for drop.
- Approximate drop allowance is built into the chart height measurements so make sure you add drop to your leg measurement.