What is it ?
Relax has a high concentration of magnesium, which has a dual function. On the one hand magnesium has a calming action, on the other this mineral offers support to tight muscles. It contains magnesium in organic form (magnesium citrate) which is absorbed far more easily by the body than the often used magnesium oxide. The added amino acid L-tryptophan is also known to have a calming effect. In addition to these two substances naturally occurring in the body, inositol, choline citrate and many herbs known for their calming effect have also been used. Owing to the added apple flavour, this powder-based supplement is ingested without any problems.
When is Relax used?
- Temperamental and/or jumpy horses during training or in competition
- Horses which need box rest (after an operation or injury)
- Horses that are recuperating (e.g. walking them or riding them gently after a period of box rest)
- Stress during transport or after relocation
- Young horses which have just starting training
Dosage and packaging
500g [1 lb 2 oz] container
25-day course of treatment
1 scoop (20g) [1 oz] per horse per day mixed in with the feed